10-Minute Avocado Egg Salad With Turmeric, Black Pepper And Apple Cider Vinegar
Opposing to current belief, it’s safe and healthy to eat eggs with yolks included. They are rich in protein and disease-fighting nutrients such as lutein and zeaxanthin.
Eggs are awesome for health of your eyes and brain as well.
So because egg salad is one of America’s favorite ways to eat eggs, why not to spice it up with some avocado and turmeric. Avocado is full of protein, potassium and healthy fats and turmeric can help fight inflammation and even cancer!
Avocado Egg Salad
You will make 4 Servings for about 5-7 minutes. If you want to get a smoother texture and to cut the time, use a blender.
- 1/2 teaspoons of Himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of finely chopped red onion (per taste)
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 eggs hardboiled, peeled & cooled
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne
- 2 fresh & ripe avocados, pitted and scooped
- 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- Mix the, avocado and mayonnaise in medium-sized mixing bowl using a fork.
- Then add vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, turmeric, and cayenne.
- Mix until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Then put the onion and parsley, and mix well.
Instead of serving classic egg salad sandwich, you can make salad wraps by placing a spoon full of egg salad in romaine or bibb lettuce.
Add some sprouts, peppers, carrots or tomatoes for a high snack. Also you can try this trick with endives or radicchio for a quick hors-d’oeuvre.
For more texture you can add chopped apple and boiled potato. Green apple works well, specially with the red onion!