10 Reasons To Love Guyabano
What Is a Guyabano?
Guyabano is a fruit with a shape of heart with spiky look. The inner part of guyabano is white creamy composition which is very tasty, similar to hybrid of a pineapple and strawberry. Its taste is citric sour but still pungent and sweet aftertaste.
The people from Phillippines are using this fruit for suppressing parasites. This hasn’t been confirmed by any study but guyabanos are very beneficial for us. They are rich source of vitamins, minerals and health benefits.
Here are the 10 health benefits of guyabano if its taste cannot convince you to eat this amazing fruit:
- Prevents constipation – Guyabano is loaded in fibers which allows proper bowel movements and keeps us safe from colon cancer.
- Prevents urinary tract infection – this fruit is loaded with vitamin C. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system and is capable of preventing UTI. This vitamin increases the acidity level in urine which kills the bacteria.
- Prevents leg cramps – people who have low levels of potassium are vulnerable from cramps or have weakened muscles. This fruit is rich in potassium just like the bananas.
- Prevents migraines – guyabano includes riboflavin in its structure, which stops or prevents the headaches.
- Energy Booster – thanks to the thiamin included in guyabanos, your energy levels will be restored.
- Pregnancy complications – this fruit is very rich in folate. A study has concluded that pregnant women who consumed folate had reduced possibility of complications. Women who don’t intake the necessary nutrients during the pregnancy tend to have birth defects and miscarriage.
- Healthy Bones – Guyabano contains vitamins and minerals that firm your bones. This fruit includes calcium, copper, magnesium, manganese, zinc and vitamin E.
- Prevents Bloating – women who experience bloating every month should eat more guyabanos because the magnesium prevents water withhold and bloating.
- Increase Good Cholesterol Levels – foods that include niacin increase the good cholesterol levels in the blood. This fruit is excellent source of niacin.
- Prevent Anemia – anemic people have lack of red blood cells and they can fight against this condition with additional iron intake which will aid in the production of red blood cells. This fruit contains a lot of iron.
Note: This fruit contains high amounts of sugar. If you eat it too much you are vulnerable from development of Parkinson’s disease due to the annonacin included in it.